One, I'm cooking a lot more. Yes, this is true. There's something about Fall that makes me want to cook and bake. I love it! My waist does not.
Two, I'm obsessed with my crock pot. This, too, is true. It's just so easy to throw something together and so fun to come home to a fully cooked meal! Wouldn't you agree?
So on that note, here's my latest and greatest crock pot meal, which is found on pinterest. The original recipe is here, but my adaptation is below.
Baked Potato Soup (Crock Pot)
(image found here)
What you need:
- 2.5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed, peeled, and cubed
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
How you make it:
- Add potatoes, onion, seasoning and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove half of the soup to another bowl and add cream cheese and garlic. Puree.
- Return removed portion to the crock pot.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
This soup was so good, it had to be sinful. I made it on Sunday for the game (GO COWBOYS!) along with the yummiest bacon-wrapped jalapenos I have ever put in my mouth.
It was a pretty great day all around.